Congratulations to the 2020-2021 WEM Triple A Award Winners, seniors, Toryn Richards and Aidan Snesrud!
The Academics, Arts, and Athletics Award, commonly known as the Triple 'A' Award, honors high school seniors throughout the state who have a 3.0 or higher-grade point average and who participate in League-sponsored athletic and fine arts activities. This award is sponsored by M Health Fairview and the Institute for Athletic Medicine.
To be eligible for the Academics, Arts, and Athletics Award a student must:
- be a high school senior at the time of nomination. Schools may nominate one senior boy and one senior girl for this award.
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of nomination.
- participate in at least one League-sponsored athletic program and one arts/activity program.
- comply with the MSHSL's Student Code of Conduct
- complete the application form and submit it to the administrative region secretary by the deadline date specified by the region committee.
Triple ‘A’ Award recipients are selected through a multi-level process involving member schools of the League, the League’s administrative regions, and a special committee of educators, business leaders, and members from the fine arts and athletic communities.
Triple ‘A’ Recognition
The top two award finishers from each region will be invited to a recognition banquet in March, and League officials will announce the four statewide Triple ‘A’ Award winners at that time. All 32 finalists will also participate in an on-court ceremony during the Class AA championship game of the Boys Basketball State Tournament. The statewide award winners—a girl and a boy from Class A and Class AA schools—will also receive a four-year $1,000 scholarship.