WEM School Age Care Help Wanted
11 months ago
W-E-M School-Age Care is seeking individuals to work in our summer child care program. We are looking for persons to fill a variety of positions. If you are interested please send a letter of interest to Sheila Mack WEM SAC Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2018
Positions and position descriptions are as follows:
1) Site Leader- is primarily responsible for, and will be competent in:
- Assisting Program Coordinator in planning program activities and environment;
- Communication with parents/guardians;
- Directing the work of staff members when the Program Coordinator out;
- Supervising children
- Typical shift: Opening or closing of program. About 25-30 hours/week.
2) Program Paraprofessional- is responsible for, and will be competent in:
- Provide additional assistance/supervision to an assigned child/group of children who has special needs/disabilities;
- These duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assist student in performing/participation in activities with the group;
- Redirect student behavior and follow behavior plans set for the child;
- Assist student with personal hygiene including diaper changing and bathroom assistance (if needed).
- Assist with crisis problems and behavior management; and
- Assist in supervision of all children when able.
- Typical shift: Would be dependent on the schedule of the assigned child/group of children. About 20-30 hours/week.
3) Program Assistant- is responsible for, and will be competent in:
- Assisting the site leader in implementing planned activities;
- Independently supervising a group of children with or without the assistance of a program aide; and
- Assisting the site leader in classroom management.
- Typical shift: Will be determined by the number of children in attendance. About 10-25 hours/week.
4) Program Aide works under the direction of a site leader or program assistant supervising children and carrying out program plans. Is expected to interact with children often; playing games, coloring, etc.
- Typical shift: Will be determined by the number of children in attendance. Could be anywhere between 5-25 hours/week.